Thursday, January 28, 2010
Every leader in BOTH the Democratic and the Republican party should be proud to say NO to bad policy.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
It’s moments like these that I envy atheists. They can just sit back and laugh, while I have to stand up and get associated with this jerk.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Do you think attacking Republicans, repeatedly criticizing your predecessor and whining about the problems you inherited (even after spending two years working so you could face those problems head-on) might have something to do with it?
If he wants to change Washington, it’s all in his hands. He can make the decision to broadcast negotiations on C-SPAN and tell Congress to eliminate the backroom deals from the bill.
Once this health care charade has played out, we the people will go to the polls and speak our minds. God grant us the strength to act with wisdom, piety and a determination to protect of our posterity.
Obama's Socialist-Democrats will be slaughtered in November 2010 and Obama will be looking for work in January 2013. The RINOs will not fare well, either. I doubt that McCain or any of the blue-bloods will be re-elected. Americans are just as fed up with the social liberalism of the Republicans as they are with Obama's Socialism.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Nelson, you're a liar and a coward. You are TOAST in the next election, and your abandonment of your principles and the will of the people of Nebraska (and America) is the reason. You sold out the unborn, stole from the American people with the "Cornhusker Kickback", and now you're trying to defend your slimy actions? Please.
You want to "repair damage at home"? ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG, AND VOW--oh, and actually MEAN IT this time--TO VOTE "NO" IF THIS CRAP REACHES THE SENATE AGAIN. Then you might actually stand a chance of not being utterly SHELLACKED in your next campaign. I doubt you'll actually win (cowards don't get second chances, I'm afraid) but maybe you'll at least save a little face...and possibly your actual soul.
Otherwise, you can rot on the vine with the rest of the idiots who voted in the affirmative for this thing...and burn in Hell for what you've done to the millions of unborn about to be murdered in your name. You won't even get a job as dog catcher after this crap you pulled.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Terror isn't a word you'll find in President Obama's New Year message to "the people and leaders of the Islamic Republic of Iran." Nor is "freedom."
Nor will you find any expression of solidarity with the people of Iran--though you'll find plenty of solicitude for their rulers. The president bends over backwards to reassure the mullahs that our government wishes them well.
You'll find a paragraph addressed to "the people and leaders of Iran," as if the people and leaders were in harmony, and shared a need to be reassured that we seek "a future with . . . greater opportunities for partnership and commerce."
You'll find two paragraphs devoted to speaking directly to Iran's leaders. Obama reassures them of his commitment to diplomacy, and to an engagement grounded in "mutual respect." Of course expressions of respect for the people of Iran are nothing new--President Bush reiterated our respect for the people of Iran many times, including a year ago on the occasion of Nowruz, as they call their New Year. No, what's distinctive about Obama's statement is his respect for the "leaders," the clerical dictatorship.
Monday, January 4, 2010
10. Quit blaming George W. Bush for everything. For Harry Truman, the buck stopped with him. Of course, thanks to massive government debt sales under Obama, a “buck” is now worth less but the concept is the same.
09. Quit blaming the CIA for everything. You can’t simply say the CIA “dropped the ball” on the one hand then release terrorists to Yemen and politicize the War on Terror on the other and expect positive results.
08. Quit spending so much damn taxpayer money! Governments aren’t the most efficient way to create jobs… private businesses and individuals are. Stop trying to change this truth.
07. Stop acting as if you are “above the fray” on issues like healthcare, Cap and Trade, and terrorism. You can’t keep telling people you are simply trying to help Congress send the bills the country needs to your desk when you are, in fact, the one who can set the tone as to what is sent to your desk and what is not.
06. Stop holding massive taxation over the heads of Americans. Cap and Trade would impose a $,1600.00 tax on each and every American family. Businesses would pay more. See Resolution #08 for more information.
05. Stop trying to appease foreign countries that hate us. They are tougher and more experienced than you. Being president isn’t amateur hour.
04. Don’t tell our armed forces you support them and order them to possibly die on the battlefield on the one hand but tell your Liberal base “we’ll be pulling out soon” because it’s not going to work on either side and you’re only going to send Americans to death neeedlessly.
03. You’re unpopular… deal with it and stop acting like everybody loves you so you can sign anything you want into law. More Americans think you’re doing a crummy job than a good one… time to start governing like it.
02. Stop watering down everything so as to enlist the help of the Europeans. Europe has always waited for the U.S. to take the lead and always will because it’s the easier political route for them to take. Doing what’s right is the order of the day and trying to make things more palatable to them will only result in our objectives not being met and we still won’t get their support in the end. See Resolution #05 for more info.01. Quit betraying our allies… I’m thinking mainly of selling out Eastern Europe to the Russians with SDI. America can’t afford to send those countries that have steadfastly supported us down the river for the hope of help from whatever country you are trying to win over with “goodwill” gestures
Sunday, January 3, 2010
On Obama's plus side, the media is still firmly on Obama's side and will continue to blame George W. Bush for everything until at least 2011. The media, in general, has a lot invested in the new president and will spin most events his way. That gives President Obama some public relations room. He'll have a few months before any pressure from the media comes directly at him. Heck, if the liberal press didn't scream about the conservative preacher Rick Warren praying at the inauguration, you know the fix is in.
Also, Congress is now dominated by pro-Obama Democrats, and it will do pretty much what the new president wants, so that will make Obama's life a lot easier.
On the downside, Congress simply does not know what it is doing. The financial crisis caught our lawmakers by surprise, and the continuing chaos clearly demonstrates that these people have no idea how to deal with the recession. So Americans are just going to have to tough it out and pray the president and Congress don't make things even worse.
On the terrorism front, some Americans, including this one, are worried for a number of reasons, beginning with Obama selecting Eric Holder to be attorney general. This almost defies belief. In addition to lobbying for the pardon of uber tax cheat Marc Rich, Holder was part of the Janet Reno gang that made it impossible for the feds to investigate terror-related activities inside the USA.